Covetrus Pancreatic Enzyme Concentrate

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
KFF
State: Idaho
Pet name: Finley

Covetrus Pancreatic Enzyme Concentrate

Post by KFF » 20 Jan 2024, 13:56

I was experimenting with the best pancreatic enzyme for my golden retriever and after much trial and error she is well managed on enzymes from Enzyme Diane. That being said, I have a 500 tablet bottle of Cevetrus Pancreatic Enzyme Concentrate that I don’t want to go to waste. I originally had 2 bottles so this one is unopened.

Is anyone managing their pup on this that would benefit?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1181 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 1181 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1181 times

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Covetrus Pancreatic Enzyme Concentrate

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Jan 2024, 20:08

ahh thanks for offering....if you want, you might want to post your offer on our FB page as .
So glad to hear that your retriever is having the best results on Enzyme Diane's enzymes :) ... that is what i used for 14 years with great success!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 24 Jan 2024, 11:29

if your dog is confirmed with EPI, yes, this product is fine to use, but for best effect you will most likely have to crush the pills.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Eddiespaghetti
State: California
Pet name: Eddie
My name: Jeremy

Post by Eddiespaghetti » 24 Jan 2024, 12:26

Are you asking if it's okay to give to you poodle pup?
At that strength, it is probably fine to give as a supplement if you wanted to. There are some people who swear by giving digestive enzymes as a supplement. It "promotes gut health and aids in digestion". Most of the EPI owners would never give digestive enzymes if we didn't have to. I would probably give a half or a quarter of a tablet if I was giving it as a supplement. I do not think dogs without EPI need enzymes as they can make their own
https://www.allthebestpetcare.com/pet-n ... ghtly%20in.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 24 Jan 2024, 12:44

i agree 1005 with Jeremy.........................., unless your pup has been diagnosed with EPI... i would not give a puppy a digestive enzymes as a supplement...... this should not be necessary.

It is only as "some" dogs age.... that some might benefit from an enzyme supplement.... and at that not the high potency that EPI pancreatic enzymes are designed to handle EPI, but rather a mild digestive enzyme, maybe made from plants.