newbie here in need of advice

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
mburtch1
State: Michigan
Pet name: Hachi
My name: Mark

Re: newbie here in need of advice

Post by mburtch1 » 14 Mar 2024, 19:19

Thank you

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 14 Mar 2024, 19:26

i know their B'days are so hard to get thru when they are no longer with us...................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

mburtch1

Post by mburtch1 » 10 Apr 2024, 12:29

Hi Olesia , well it's been 78 days as of today that Hachi has pass and I am still so heart broken ,,, are there any updates on the fur baby that Hachi had made he donation to ?

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 10 Apr 2024, 23:11

Hi Mark,

Your donation was greatly appreciated.... and things are going well with the newly adopted EPI dog. Thank you for asking.

My heart breaks for you, understanding the pain and emptiness of the loss of your best friend. For some of us, when we lose our "heart-dog" it takes a very long time to not feel the over-whelming emptiness and loss. And there simply are no words to make it better.

Although no other dog can ever replace Hachi, as he will always be that extra special heart dog to you - - is there any way you can maybe foster a dog in need ??? - - - i know your heart is not ready for another dog, but giving shelter to one in need until a forever home may be found for him/her.. might help ease your loss.............. or volunteering at a shelter... i know there is a big need even just to walk dogs in a shelter..........these are just some suggestions.
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

mburtch1

Post by mburtch1 » 13 Apr 2024, 11:41

Hi Olesia , sorry it took me so long to reply , so this is what i am doing and did , i adopted a recuse puppy , and i am having a Original Plush Cuddle Clone of Hachi made from this website , the reviews are awesome https://cuddleclones.com the puppy's name was Sunny but we change it to Nemo he is mix chihuahua and pugs i well upload some pics of him
Mark

mburtch1

Post by mburtch1 » 13 Apr 2024, 14:37

I've been so sad and my wife insisted on getting another fur baby but my heart isn't ready to let Hachi go but the story behind Nemo is so sad so I agreed to get him and it does help with my pain but I well never forget my buddy
Attachments
dbe4c3cb-690d-4235-93b0-f41606de1c6a.jpg
dbe4c3cb-690d-4235-93b0-f41606de1c6a.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 151 times
Screenshot_20240211_123220_Messages.jpg (630.26 KiB) Viewed 151 times

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 14 Apr 2024, 11:21

Oh what a beauty💗!
Yes a pup can never be replaced but thank you both for opening your hearts to this sweet pup.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 15 Apr 2024, 22:55

OMG... what a precious little cutie!!! and thank you for listening to your wife and opening our heart and home to this little pup.

I know you will give it a great 2nd chance at a wonderful life, but it is understandable that this pup will not replace Hatchi. Hatchi was your always special heart-dog and no other dog can or will ever replace that unique bond you and Hatchi had.... but what will most likely happen is that Nemo will give you new smiles and tug at your heart in totally different ways from Hatchi... and your heart will expand with a different love for a different little soul that needs you.

Congrats on your new family member.

Looking forward to hearing all about Nemo :)