Enzyme Question

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Enzyme Question

Post by Montgomery » 16 Apr 2020, 12:45

Hey all,
So, as I've run out of my last jar of Pank-Aid, I have been transitioning Montgomery onto Diane's enzymes. He gets one capsule of Pank-Aid and one capsule of the new enzymes. He's doing well. He'd had an upset stomach for a bit right before the transition but is much improved. I have stocked up a bit on Enzyme Diane (not hording, I just keep a bit ahead, which is what saved me when I couldn't get the Pank-Aid). My clinic just called and said that in the next couple of weeks they'll be able to get the Pank-Aid back and do I want some?

So first, the Pank-Aid...
He's been on it for nearly three years and does quite well, however the last few jars have had an odour somewhere between tom cat and armpit and it makes his breath and his feces smell like that, too, to the point where he uses the litter box in the middle of the night and the smell wakes me up.
Its easy to get, usually, though expensive.

Enzyme Diane
He seems to be doing well so far, but we're still at a fifty-fifty mix. Enzyme Diane doesn't stink, and Montgomery smells much better these days.
It comes from America, which takes time. I've already had one problem with UPS (illiterate!?) and have gone the USPS route which takes longer but seems more reliable...?
Its cheaper, but cost will vary due to the exchange rate.

What do you guys think?
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Enzyme Question

Post by Olesia711 » 16 Apr 2020, 14:13

I personally like Enzyme Diane's enzymes best.... been a client of hers for 13+1/2 years and never ever had a problem.... HOWEVER ..... that being said... IMHO you have to look at everything. The fact that you live in Canada, and the fact that customs is having issues with enzymes sent from the USA (or anywhere out of country) so if you order enzymes from Diane, you mayor may not get them in a timely manner due to customs or you may not get them at all..... This would concern me.

Just to be on the safe side, i would order the Pank Aid and place an order with Enzyme Diane too... This way at least you know you will have enzymes on hand (from Pank Aid) and if the enzymes from Diane make it thru customs... then you can always freeze the Pank Aid enzyme and save them as a backup / emergency.

What you want to avoid is getting stuck not having any enzymes and having to wait to get some..............
Even without everything going on... when it comes to enzymes.... our pets HAVE to have it, we cannot afford to run out.... so it is best to always plan ahead and have extra on hand. IMHO :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Montgomery

Post by Montgomery » 16 Apr 2020, 14:18

You're right. I'll call the clinic and let them know to go ahead. Thank you!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Apr 2020, 14:44

I just spoke to EnzymeDiane and she said that her enzymes ARE getting thru to Canada.... however..... when ordering them ask that they be shipped UPS... do not go thru the postal service....
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

TracieMaddox
State: California
Pet name: may
My name: Tracie Maddox

Post by TracieMaddox » 11 Aug 2022, 23:21

I highly recommend this Enzyme Diane.

jamieoliver
State: California
Pet name: Lufi

Post by jamieoliver » 23 Aug 2022, 21:36

You can trust Enzyme Diane.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 23 Aug 2022, 23:28

i too trust Enzyme Diane... but you have to decide (1) which product you think Montgomery does better on and (2) which product you feel you have dependable access to....

Montgomery

Post by Montgomery » 24 Aug 2022, 01:23

Well, it's been two years since I posted that question. Montgomery is thriving on Enzyme Diane's enzymes. He looks good. He smells good. He feels good. He's a happy, healthy hairball!

Obie426
Pet name: Chase
My name: Diana

Post by Obie426 » 24 Aug 2022, 07:50

Ooops. Just noticed I replied to an old post. I will leave it up so anyone else can see my experience if they are considering ordering for shipment to Canada……..

Hi. I live in Canada and just received an order from enzymediane. It was here within days delivered by UPS. No issues with customs. Of course the brokerage fees are a killer but all together still much cheaper than ordering Pankaid powder from the vet. I order 1 kg so I I have a few months supply then order well advance before I run out. I have experienced Pankaid shortage in Canada and don’t want to go through that stress ever again. That and the cost of enzymes in Canada prompted me to switch to enzymediane. My boy has been doing great!

Montgomery

Post by Montgomery » 24 Aug 2022, 10:14

That's why I had to switch enzymes, too. The Pank-Aid was too unreliable. There were quality issues, too, frankly, with the Pank-Aid. It STANK. It made Montgomery smell, too. At the time, he was six pounds, and he reeked like a forty pound tom cat. His breath smelled. His fur smelled. When he went to the bathroom, the whole house smelled. One time, I was in the shower with a face full of pepperment soap and I knew he went to the bathroom!!? When we switched to Enzyme Diane, the odour issue immediately stopped. He's just smelled like clean fur (and nutritional yeast, because he's an addict) ever since. As he likes to lick faces and ride on my shoulder, this is a relief for everyone. I can definitely tell he's happier. Cats are clean people, and he's always meticulous when it comes to his own personal hygiene. His fur is a lot softer on the Enzyme Diane, too. The only thing I don't like is dealing with UPS. I've had to stick my buzzer code on my mail box because they can't seem to figure out the intercom by themselves. When they've just stickered the box and walked away, I've gone up to the plaza to collect his enzymes, been met with staff who do not speak more than a few words of English and then made fun of my signature. Frustrating. Then there are times when i get home and his pancreas is just sitting at the apartment door...? I can't wait until the border issues and the plandemic are over and I can go back to the USPS for shipping because they're much more reliable and consistant; I'd rather find his pancreas locked in my mailbox than left in the hallway. The neighbour beside us has a dog with absolutely no manners whatsoever.