Izzy, the inspiration for Epi4Dogs passed away....

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Re: Izzy, the inspiration for Epi4Dogs passed away....

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 19 Feb 2020, 18:10

Olesia, I am so sorry you lost your girl last week. She was a beauty, from pup to matron. Thank you for sharing her story, and for your generosity in creating this group. Tucker and I would be lost without you and Izzy.---Pam
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 19 Feb 2020, 22:51

thank you everyone. I appreciate you kind and comforting comments..............
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Rebecca2
State: Nevada
Pet name: Santo

Post by Rebecca2 » 20 Feb 2020, 00:02

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. She has left behind a wonderful legacy. Many of our 4 footed friends have lived good lives because of her, through the epi4dogs website.🌈
I adopted GSD Santo in Nov 2016, at age two. I thought he had colitis and many things were tried. He went up to 80 lbs and then back to 61 lbs in Feb 2018 when he was diagnosed with EPI, and I immediately put him on PanaKarePlus & Cobalequin. Since Feb 2018 he had gained to 77 lbs & lost back to 67 lbs. July & Aug 2018, he had Fecal Transplant from Animal Biome. His stools sometimes are mucous, sometimes Score 2 or 3, but no grey cow patty stools since starting Enzymes. I switched to Pan-tenex enzymes 10X in Oct 2018, 2 tsps. per meal, S-boulardii 1 scoop X 1, WonderLabs B-12 3/day. Meals (2) are raw turkey, Yam, Whitefish kibble/ground/soaked.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Feb 2020, 11:41

Thank you Rebecca... today it has been 1 week since she passed ... as you can imagine, not a good day for me.........
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

mdp_LSB
State: Pennsylvania
Pet name: Smokey
My name: Mary

Post by mdp_LSB » 20 Feb 2020, 12:17

What a beautiful heartfelt tribute to such a special dog. Thank you for sharing her story even while you're grieving her loss and thank you for enriching all of our lives with your dedication, support and knowledge. Izzy's legacy is a gift to us all.

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 20 Feb 2020, 15:52

So sorry to hear this Olesia :(

R.I.P. Izzy
Attachments
dogheaven.jpg
dogheaven.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 4093 times

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Jean
Forum Director
Pet name: Kara, lost 10th May 2019
My name: Jean

Post by Jean » 20 Feb 2020, 16:04

Blimee, that is beautiful
My name is Jean we live in Liverpool in Uk

I am the Forum Director which I am very proud of

My Kara born 21 July 2009 diagnosed with EPI by cTLI test August 2010 TLI = <1...folate 14 Cobalamin 408, shot down to 94, b12 injections every other day

Lowest weight 39 pounds

We used Panzym enzymes, Tylan and Chemeyes b12 capsules

Sadly, on 10th May 2019, we lost her to DM

Jeanx

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 20 Feb 2020, 19:15

Thank you Michaela that is beautiful and really touched my heart!

Sadie'sMom
State: Wisconsin
Pet name: Sadie
My name: Lisa

Post by Sadie'sMom » 21 Feb 2020, 14:05

Olesia:

What can I say that hasn't been said by several others already. The love you had for your little Izzy is just amazing. Every time I would see you post something, the photo of Izzy with the mouthful of tennis balls would pop up --- and every single time it made me smile. It's like she was smiling for all the world to see. What an incredibly smart dog she was.....I had no idea you could train a dog to do all of the things you described.

I will be forever grateful to Izzy and to you --- because of EPI4Dogs. When our Sadie was diagnosed with EPI, we were at a TOTAL loss on what to do. We didn't know anything about this dreaded disease and how to properly care for her. I jumped online and your web page was in the No. 1 spot - where it belong - so I clicked on it --- and the rest is history. I know you have seen my many posts for help. I honestly don't know if Sadie would be alive or even stable if it wasn't for the tireless work of the staff and the abundance of information posted on the Foundation's website. I am sure you saved countless numbers of pets that you aren't even aware of.

Izzy is in a wonderful place now.....and you are left with all of her incredible memories. God speed in getting through this incredibly tough time in your life.

Fly high Izzy, fly high.

Hugs. Sadie & Lisa
Sadie is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ("Toller" for short). She eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Pea kibble. To make sure she ingests the enzymes, we mix some No Sodium Chicken Broth and a small handful of meat - chicken, hamburger, pork - and stir it up with her dog food (she eats like a champ now!). With each meal she gets 5 scoops (1 1/4 tsp's) of Diane's Enzymes and a WonderLabs B-12 with Intrinsic factor. She gets 1 Proviable-DC probiotic per day. Diagnosed in September 2019 with EPI. She has some issues with dry skin we are dealing with now.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Feb 2020, 23:06

Thank you everyone has continue to write in ... i really appreciate it..... ..... while reading your comments i remember your stories, our conversations and it takes me back.....so, so many memories. Thank you!Image
Attachments
Izzy taking it easy!.jpg
Izzy taking it easy!.jpg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 4070 times
field laughing.jpg
field laughing.jpg (853.26 KiB) Viewed 4070 times