Bad Lucy getting into food

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
wsantschi
State: Texas
Pet name: Lucy
My name: Bill

Bad Lucy getting into food

Post by wsantschi » 26 Jun 2022, 21:03

Our Lucy managed to get into our son's dog's food. Fortunately, there wasn't a whole lot left. And, we have photo evidence. Probably gonna be a bad gastro day or two. Bad girl, Lucy!😂
Attachments
PXL_20220626_233912655.jpg
PXL_20220626_233912655.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 772 times
IMG_5995.jpg
IMG_5995.jpg (183.31 KiB) Viewed 772 times

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Bad Lucy getting into food

Post by jilbert57 » 26 Jun 2022, 22:18

Ruhroh Lucy!
Next time that happens you can feed some enzymes in food after the fact and it might ease the tummy.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

wsantschi
Pet name: Lucy
My name: Bill

Post by wsantschi » 26 Jun 2022, 22:23

Thx, Jill. I think she'll be ok. There wasn't a lot left in Sadie's bin. And, I'll sprinkle a little more enzyme tomorrow morning.

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 26 Jun 2022, 23:04

Sounds good.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 26 Jun 2022, 23:17

oh dear... and that expression on Lucy's face... GUILT!!!!!

When they do naughty things like this,,, what we advise is like what Jill mentioned..... just give them a little food with enzymes in it as soon as you can after they eat something they shouldn't... this usually helps with the unwanted after affects.

Hope tomorrow goes well and that you don't see a lot of "soft-serve" poos......................
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

SherriZ
State: Tennessee
Pet name: Harley
My name: Sherri

Post by SherriZ » 27 Jun 2022, 07:41

Must be a full moon or something. Saturday Harley took a full pound cake off the counter and got in the garbage for the roast chicken carcass. Her gut is paying the price. Thank God for the dog door!
Harley is a 4 year old GSD Diagnosis was confirmed 2/4/2022. PLI <30, TLI<1.0. She is currently managed with Enzyme Diane, Proviable, Tylosin and B-12.

TrixEPIMama
Pet name: Trixie

Post by TrixEPIMama » 27 Jun 2022, 10:29

Oh, that's as awful as it is adorable. Those pix!

I've been wondering if others' EPI dogs were inveterate counter surfers and pantry raiders. I get that our pups experienced starvation and learned early to steal food if they got any chance, but I swear Trixie is worse about it now than when she was actually starving. It's getting harder and harder to find places for food that she can't climb onto, break into, or simply grab a snack the second our backs are turned.

And yes, she's been known to wear a "necklace" from a bin or a trash can. Lucy has joined the stylish EPI crowd, apparently. :D
Trixie is an Australian cattle dog or mix, likely born in the Fall of 2020. Picked up as a stray, she was already suffering undiagnosed EPI when we adopted her. Test later showed TLI <1 and cobalamin 189.

Her (non-standard) treatment is 1900 mcg of pure freeze-dried pork pancreas from Allergy Research Group per day. Also 1/4 teaspoon of slippery elm powder and 1/2 (previously one) capsule a day of WonderLabs TrinFac-B, all mixed into her food and served immediately, without the usual 20-minute wait.

We feed Canidae Angus Beef and Barley, which may not yet be the perfect food, but she's doing well and has "happy" normal poops.

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 27 Jun 2022, 15:33

oh my goodness..... over the years we have had lots of stories of naughty doggies eating things they shouldn't.... my favorite was one of an EPI dog that ate a box of crayons.... and for days afterwards pooped rainbow colored poo :lol:
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 28 Jun 2022, 06:16

Lucy got BUSTED!!! I hope she's OK, but that whoops! face is priceless.
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Barb
Staff
State: New Jersey

Post by Barb » 29 Jun 2022, 15:07

Omigosh! Don't let Lucy play cards.....she does NOT have a poker face. She is beautiful, though, and could charm the shirt off the players. Priceless.

Barb