Update on Trixie and question on special food

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Re: Update on Trixie and question on special food

Post by Michaela » 19 Jun 2022, 10:04

I'm so glad that Trixie is doing better 😍

We are moving tomorrow so I didn't have time to read all the comments but was wondering how Trixie was tested for food allergies? Nikki sees Dermatology at Texas A&M and I was told that testing for food allergies is less than 5% accurate and basically a waste of money. Only way to find out what food they are reacting to is to do an elimination diet. I'm attaching a video that explains it really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOafopcLzs

You're doing a fabulous job with Trixie, hang in there.

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."