New EPI dog

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Dixie
State: New York
Pet name: Dikson
My name: Sanchezw

Re: New EPI dog

Post by Dixie » 07 Mar 2022, 15:15

In this case, you may observe only general weakness in the pet, dysbacteriosis, frequent defecation, and other signs of digestive system disorders. This is why it is important to regularly examine your pet to prevent the disease from developing. Treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in dogs has a comprehensive approach but always begins with developing a competent diet. Hence, your doctor will first prescribe a supportive diet for your pet.
My dog, a Samoyed https://cleverpuppies.com/samoyed-color ... ete-guide/, was prescribed supplements in the form of pancreatic enzymes. These should be taken with caution as they sometimes cause bleeding in the mouth.

Ratskorogami
State: Arizona
Pet name: Ratskorogami
My name: Ratskorogami

Post by Ratskorogami » 11 Aug 2022, 12:03

"We have dogs like this at our rehoming center. Each one has a separate program of exercise and supervision.

Ratskorogami
State: Arizona
Pet name: Ratskorogami
My name: Ratskorogami

Post by Ratskorogami » 14 Aug 2022, 07:56

"We have dogs like this at our animal intake center. They each have a separate exercise and supervision program. We order toys for them here https://www.doggietoys.deals/product-ca ... mbo-deals/. Some play exclusively with a handler and without toys. It depends on the condition of the animal and how it behaves in the group (think character). What to do if your beloved dog has epilepsy? It is necessary to monitor the development of the seizure. This will keep the animal from additional trauma. Therefore, it is worth removing from the environment objects that the animal can bump or hurt itself. It is good if the owner puts something under the pet's body that will absorb shocks, such as a blanket. Any objects, such as toys or food, should be removed from the pet's mouth. Opinions are divided on pulling the dog's tongue out during a seizure. The indication for this action is when the tongue causes difficulty breathing."