Sport Dog Elite

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Corgeze
State: Iowa

Sport Dog Elite

Post by Corgeze » 30 Apr 2023, 16:33

I have been feeding Sport Dog Elite for several years with great success. The company is having issues with getting the products in and not sure when a shipment will be coming in. I need to order more food so what is another brand I can switch to for now that is a good food. I hate to switch my girl to another food but I have to get something ordered. Becky

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Re: Sport Dog Elite

Post by jilbert57 » 30 Apr 2023, 16:49

Hi Becky, yes it has had inventory issues for sure. Here is a link to dog food options. Maybe you can find something similar for ingredients.

https://epi4dogs.com/dog-food-options/

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Corgeze

Post by Corgeze » 30 Apr 2023, 17:17

Hi Jill thank you for the response. I tried opening the link but it doesn't work... Becky

Corgeze

Post by Corgeze » 30 Apr 2023, 17:31

Hi Jill, I found it...thank you...Becky

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 03 May 2023, 19:56

Hi Becky,

Take a look at
Castor & Pollux Pristine dog food... specifically the sweet potato and beef.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/pristine-grain-free-grass-fed-beef-sweet-potato-and-raw-bites-dry-dog-food-18lbs-2728821?cm_mmc=PSH%7cGGL%7cCMB%7cSBU02%7cSH1%7c0%7coe7CTWnvYMdyC3tdoUCrM7%7c58700007593471812%7cPRODUCT_GROUP%7c0%7c0%7cpla-1569173619827%7c129577346137%7c15757458451&gclid=CjwKCAjwjMiiBhA4EiwAZe6jQ_6aPPlcpEcYxrnZAIKZcGtT6vg0bK1pxxo4cVR-Fy23YUFVgC5OQBoCBg8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Petco carries is... they also carry a salmon version
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Fuzzysmom
State: Texas
Pet name: Fuzzy
My name: Melanie

Post by Fuzzysmom » 07 May 2023, 13:53

Fuzzy became intolerant of any form of chicken, then any form of poultry. So I was using the sled dog formula. It was like the herding but more calories, bc he needs more to maintain weight. They discontinued it. I tried Inukshuk Professional Performance Marine 25. It does have barley, oatmeal and brown rice, but he is doing very well on it. They do have a Marine 16 with less fat and calories. There are no pro/pre biotics in the food but I give him those daily anyway

By the way Fuzzy is very picky about eating "dog food".

The Sport Dog and the Inukshuk are the only foods I don't have to grind and mix with raw. He will eat both out of a bowl.
Fuzzy is a Boerboel dob 8/29/19 diagnosed by TLI 1/5/22 Ideal weight 175lbs + Still growing so he's fed to lean body condition for growth. After regulation enzyme amt. went from 1 tsp a cup>1 1/2 tsp per meal> NOW 1/2 tsp per meal!

1st meal: 2 cups Inukshuk Marine 25 2 cup raw blend(tripe,organs,beef) 1/2 tsp Pantennex 2 B12,
2nd : 1 cup Inukshuk Marine 25 , 1cup raw 1/2 tsp Pantennex

He is completely off the slippery elm maintenance amt (1/8 tsp)although I keep on hand in case of sibo. 2 Prescript Assist Soil based probiotics every 4 days

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Post by Olesia711 » 07 May 2023, 15:19

hi Melanie,

It is SOOoooo frustrating when they discontinue or are out-of-stock with a food that works............. too bad, cuz that Castor & Pollux appears to be a good food IMHO ...

SOooo.... try HALO ELEVATE "red meat & sweet potato" don't worry about the small breed label....

their is NO poultry, corn, wheat , soy, lentils or peas... i use this food too:
Halo ingredient.jpg
Halo ingredient.jpg (78.16 KiB) Viewed 511 times
[/img][/img]
and analysis is good too:
Halo ingredient.jpg
Halo ingredient.jpg (78.16 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Attachments
Halo balance.jpg
Halo balance.jpg (56.86 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........