Grandma Lucy’s Dog and Cat Food and Treats - work well for EPI dog!

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
Johnnycake
State: Texas
Pet name: Johnny
My name: MacKenzie

Grandma Lucy’s Dog and Cat Food and Treats - work well for EPI dog!

Post by Johnnycake » 30 Sep 2022, 10:40

Hey guys!!

Awhile back I had to eliminate chicken from Johnny’s diet, which involved switching him off of his kibble and most of his treats and chews.

We’ve found a kibble that works well for him and also have been utilizing food and treats from Grandma Lucy’s!

The treats have been awesome - he goes crazy over the freeze dried, single ingredient treats and he also loves the cookie type treats (which I have never been able to get him to eat before), and they sit very well with his system.

The foods we have been using to mix in his enzymes, meds, and supplements, and he’s eating them super eagerly! They have a lot of different protein options. They also have some supplements for skin, inflammation, and other needs.

As a bonus, my cats really enjoy their cat food and the fish treats, and my bearded dragon and goldfishes really like their veggie/fruit options!

Johnny is an ambassador and we do have a discount code for 10% off your order - JohnnyboyLCTH10

I don’t think they are listed on the main menu, but if you use the search bar, they offer samples of everything for 1 dollar each. We don’t get anything out of you guys using our discount code, I just wanted to share what has been working well for us and you guys were the first people I thought of!
3B96F05C-03C8-4D97-82C2-A432CCA70C07.jpeg
3B96F05C-03C8-4D97-82C2-A432CCA70C07.jpeg (341.9 KiB) Viewed 737 times
794B3C53-D551-417E-87E7-95426DDA6B25.jpeg
794B3C53-D551-417E-87E7-95426DDA6B25.jpeg (337.39 KiB) Viewed 737 times
736F5057-5C7A-497E-9743-A36631A29550.jpeg
736F5057-5C7A-497E-9743-A36631A29550.jpeg (3.01 MiB) Viewed 737 times

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: Grandma Lucy’s Dog and Cat Food and Treats - work well for EPI dog!

Post by Olesia711 » 30 Sep 2022, 11:46

thanks for sharing with us .... itis ALWAYS good to know what appears to work for one of our EPI dogs... cause often that means it just might works for some others!!! :)

And..... thanks for the code too :)
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 30 Sep 2022, 14:29

Thank you for sharing what works! That dinner food looks yummy.

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 30 Sep 2022, 20:06

I use Grandma Lucy's freeze-dried chicken livers as part of Montgomery's home-cooked diet and it works very well. Just wish these treats were easier to find. I have to order them from Calgary!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 30 Sep 2022, 22:13

Oh wow... so you use them with success too... GOod to know!
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 30 Sep 2022, 22:48

I grind them into a powder and incorporate it into his diet, which requires the addition of liver to balance it.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Tuckaboo Pam
State: Florida
Pet name: Tucker
My name: Pam H.

Post by Tuckaboo Pam » 01 Oct 2022, 14:42

Not to Bogart your post, but we recently tried this & Tuck's poop was GORGEOUS! It's about 20 dollars cheaper than SDE Herding Dogs, but another bag of that came before I could cancel the shipment. I will let you all know what happens, long term, after he eats the SDE & he eats bag of the TOW.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/your-accoun ... f+the+wild

Pam

PS, Grandma's food looks much better than what I'm having for dinner!
Tucker was a shepherd/lab mix--- TLI 1.3, Folate 9.7, Cobalamin 666, Lipase 38. Took Diane's Enzymes 4 teaspoons/day, Wonderlabs B12 one capsule per day, and Tylan 1/16 teaspoon/ morning (to hold SID at bay). Taste of the Wild High Prairie, 1 1/2 cups/day, with a total of 4 cups of Fresh Pet. Stopped eating everything in sight, and went from 60 to 85 pounds! Tucker was my boyfriend, and my husband was OK with that. Tucker succumbed to hemangiosarcoma, but we cherished every day we had with that wonderful, beautiful boy. I will always, always miss my sweet big boy.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 01 Oct 2022, 15:38

this is all good info :) thanks Pam !!!

Michaela
State: Texas
Pet name: Nikki
My name: Michaela

Post by Michaela » 02 Oct 2022, 07:54

Nikki loves the oven-baked cookies (Apple &Banana/Sweet Potato flavor). I didn't know they had food also, thanks for posting 🙂

R.I.P. Nikki 11/21/2009 - 05/23/2023

Nikki was diagnosed with EPI in 2010
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned
Slippery Elm syrup for stomach issues
1 tsp Pan-Tenex enzymes with each meal
Weekly B12 shots, pills didn't work for her
Tylan for life

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 02 Oct 2022, 09:35

oh WOW..... Grandma Lucy's Dog food and cat treats appear to be very well tolerated by many of our EPI pets!!!!

Be sure to use the discount code: JohnnyboyLCTH10

And THANK YOU MacKenzie for sharing this with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!