URGENT ASSISTANCE REGARDING MISTHI//TUSHAR MALIK//INDIA

Epi4Dogs Foundation Inc.’s mission is the advancement of science and education relating to EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), yielding useful insights and positive outcomes in better managing EPI in dogs and cats. Our goals are to support and/or collaborate with veterinary EPI research and researchers, and to promote EPI awareness by educating the general public, pet owners, pet organizations, rescue and shelter organizations, veterinary schools and veterinarians.
tusharmalik
Pet name: Mishthi
My name: Tushar Malik

URGENT ASSISTANCE REGARDING MISTHI//TUSHAR MALIK//INDIA

Post by tusharmalik » 01 Oct 2022, 14:59

Dear All,

I have a pet mishthi and we have been following treatment of EPI for her,
We were giving her Pumpkins, Bottle gourds, chicken, sweet potato (all boiled) with PANLIPASE and B12 injections in 15 days or more,
She gained weight in b/w but is now not improving, she is 1.7 years old, she has again started earing poop and asks for food very frequently, althought we have STOPPED GIVING her chicken now because availability of NON VEG in our AREA is limited, Please guide me what i can give her in VEG diet, I want her to improve SPEEDILY and BE HEALTHY.

Request to please guide URGENTLY and ASAP, ATTACHING PICS FYR, Also her weight is AROUND 13 KGS
I shall be highly thankful to you,

You can connect me over EMAIL tushar.vmalik@gmail.com WHATSAPP/CALL +91 9878000334/+91 9569834580

REGARDS
TUSHAR MALIKImage
Attachments
MISHTI
MISHTI
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-05 at 17.10.23.jpeg (138.21 KiB) Viewed 525 times
MISHTHI
MISHTHI
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-05 at 17.09.40.jpeg (130.4 KiB) Viewed 525 times

Olesia711
Founder & Research Director
State: North Carolina
Pet name: Izzy
My name: olesia

Re: URGENT ASSISTANCE REGARDING MISTHI//TUSHAR MALIK//INDIA

Post by Olesia711 » 01 Oct 2022, 15:43

Oh Tushar,

I am so sorry that she is once again eating her poo........

the fact that she is showing signs of hunger now.... must be the enzymes.... for now go ahead and increase her enzymes dose... actually try doubling it.... since what you are feeding her is mostly carbs. I understand that you are having trouble getting chicken for her... is there any other kind of protein that you can give her? Fish? or some other kind of meat ???

I'll do some research ....and have you contacted Samir?

I will also send this to you via email
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 01 Oct 2022, 16:05

Tushar,

what dosage of Panlipase are you using ?

How are you giving the Panlipase?
Olesia, was owned by Izzy, a 35lb Spanish Water Dog (SWD), Diagnosed at 1.5 years old - TLI results 1.. Izzy passed away on February 13, 2020 at 15 years old. She lived with EPI for 13+1/2 years. It was because of Izzy that Epi4Dogs was started... she was the inspiration. May her legacy of helping others with EPI continue for as long as needed.........

jilbert57
Staff
State: Washington

Post by jilbert57 » 01 Oct 2022, 16:34

Do you have access to eggs for protein?

Jill
My name is Jill and we live on the Hood Canal in Washington State. We currently have 2 Jack russells, TJ is 8 and Sadie is 2.

Mickey and his pancreatitis brought me to Epi4dogs.com site in 2012 to help manage it.
He lived from 6/99 - 8/2014

Mickey, Jack Russell. Chronic Pancreatitis. Dianes enzymes, 1/8t 3x/day with meals.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 01 Oct 2022, 17:31

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have this, which is meant to help feed a dog when things are in short supply.
From "That Dog Of Yours" by Anne Elizabeth Blochin, breeder of West Highland White Terriers, published 1941.

Dog Johnny Cake
2 cups flour, well filled
1 cup bran
1 cup rolled oats
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 rounded teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons dripping
1 egg (if to spare or cracked)
Enough milk or buttermilk to make a poured batter
Bake in greased pansa t 300 degrees, with the baking rack half-way up in the oven.

You can make this vegan if you want to or need to. Substitue apple sauce, banana or one tablespoonful flax meal with three tablespoons hot water for the egg. Use vegetable shortening and soy or oat milk in lieu of dripping or fat.
She suggests mixing this with table scraps of meat (not pork) and green vegetables. You can omit the flour entirely, substituting two cups of bran and two cups of rolled oats to reduce the starch content (better for hot weather).
She suggests butcher scraps for meat (not pork), horse meat, and cheaper by-products like heart, liver and tripe.
I'm sorry she's unwell and I hope you can find good help here!
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

Olesia711

Post by Olesia711 » 01 Oct 2022, 19:53

Hi Tushar,

i sent you a private email.

But i'll repeat here.

1. the enzyme pills you are giving are they 10,000 Panlipase????

AND.... i know you were feedig:
Pumpkins, Bottle gourds, chicken, sweet potato (all boiled) ...But have since stopped the chicken. .

SO....Do you have ANY of the following ingredients in India:

Brown rice
oat groats
alfalfa meal
coconut oil
eggplant
spinach
bananas
Macaroni noodles
bone meal

Although some of these may not be the best items for an EPI dog.... you may need to try some of these ingredients and see if they do or do not give her loose stools with the enzymes just to get more nutrition in her.

ALSO.... are you giving her a dog vitamin.... i do not know what is available in India, but with an all veggie diet, she is really going to need dog vitamins, in addition to B12.

once you let me know what you do have... i'll try to work out a more comprehensive veggie diet suited for a dog and "hopefully" well suited for Misthi.

Montgomery
Pet name: Montgomery (I'm a CAT!)
My name: V

Post by Montgomery » 01 Oct 2022, 20:00

One part cracked wheat in three parts salted boiling water for fifteen minutes. Add one tablespoon of raw wheat germ (per serving), and you will have vitamins B and E.
Montgomery was born 20 March 2012. He eats extra lean ground chicken, lean ground pork and lean ground beef completed with Alnutrin and freeze-dried chicken liver, with hard-cooked egg. He gets two size zero capsules of Enzyme Diane's enzymes at each of his six meals, and a size four capsule of Tylan three times a day. He's a fierce little Spitfire with a roaring Merlin engine.

pinglukol

Post by pinglukol » 11 Oct 2022, 01:48

Tushar,

I am late in this post.

Seeing that a lot of suggestions you got . Please try with those which are available at your place and keep updating the results. Epi4dogs is a wonderful forum with a lot of help you get from here. I will also try if I can with more information .

Samir
Hi, we are Samir & Papia. Our Pinglu is a pure Indian , born on 12 January, 2010. She had gained 23 kg. and was diagnosed with EPI in August, 2016. Then the lowest weight came to 13 kg. She is under food and medicine management of boiled chicken, potato, pumpkin with curd as probiotic and Pancreatin capsules, Tylene, vit. B12 shot as medicine.